Home » Looking Back » Archaeology » Annual Archaeology Day
Annual Archaeology Day
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Archaeology Day 2015
This was the thirteenth year in which we were able to celebrate the National Park’s culture and archaeological heritage. It was held in the Merlin Theatre at Pembrokeshire College and organised in partnership with PLANED.
Dr Siân Rees spoke on her excavation of Carreg Coetan Arthur in Newport.
As usual the event attracted an audience of over 200 people to see speakers with a variety of subjects.
- Professor Geoff Wainwright spoke on research into the prehistory of the Preseli Hills.
- Rhiannon Comeau presented her research on early medieval sites and place names in the north of the National Park.
- Dr Siân Rees, who also Chaired the event, spoke on her excavation of Carreg Coetan Arthur in Newport.
- Dr Chris Caple updated us on his excavation of Nevern Castle.
- Louise Barker spoke on the Royal Commissions’ survey work on Skomer Island
- Ken Murphy spoke on the excavation and conservation of St Patrick’s Chapel, Whitesands.